Re: [AD] Triggers under Linux

The problem is that SDL's mappings are just as arbitrary as ours, seen the vast diversity of joystick devices out there. Also, SDL's DB is only useful for gamepad-like devices, which is rather limiting.

What would be needed is an in-depth database of controller devices that tells us how each element of the device is physically composed and how these components are mapped by the various OS/API combinations. But making such a detailed DB would be a lot of work, no doubt.

All that we game developers can do without such a detailed DB is to provide a joystick configuration screen in our game and let the user do the mapping for us...

Kind Regards,

B.