Re: [AD] Triggers under Linux

I dug in deeper, and frankly, I despair. From code of joydev, Linux general joystick driver, it's apparent it can't differentiate triggers from other axes in any way. So there is no way for Allegro, or end-user's program to know, if a given axis has neutral value of 0, or of -1 short of using a controller database. Let's not touch anything, then. I'll try to fix this issue with crutches in my game code :(

Another issue, though. Has anyone looked at gamepads in MacOS X recently? I tried it on virtual machine, and got very bad results. Allegro was only able to use left stick of my gamepad fully. The second stick only had one axis somehow, and D-pad wasn't usable at all (there wasn't an axis or a set of buttons for it!).