Re: [AD] Triggers under Linux

16.03.2015 0:43 пользователь "Elias Pschernig" <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> написал:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Max Savenkov <max.savenkov@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > Shouldn't we make a trigger a *button* instead of an *axis* maybe?
>>
>> When trigger is digital, it's a button already, I believe. But when it's analogue, we'd better keep it as an axis.
>

> Why? To me the different range (0..1 instead of -1..1) would be a very strong reason not to keep it as an axis. It also isn't an "axis", it's a trigger *button*.

Well, to me, the main problem is, my code is not ready to handle buttons that have analogue position  :) ALLEGRO_JOYSTICK_BUTTON_UP/DOWN only have button index, and that's all right by me. And forcefully making analogue triggers into binary buttons at Allegro level would be plain wrong, if you mean that (but I'm sure you don't). Someone might like to measure how far the trigger was pressed, after all!

So, with the choice being to
a) Add position to button events
b) Keep triggers as axes

I'd choose b)