Re: [AD] Ouya controller support

Late but: javap which comes with the JDK is the Java decompiler.

Trent

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 3:34 PM
Subject: Re: [AD] Ouya controller support

Do you know how to decompile the OuyaController class? Maybe it's doing something really simple?

2013/7/13 Trent Gamblin <nooskewl@xxxxxxxxxx>
For mapping, I think we’ll need to use Ouya specifics. So we either need a way to “ifdef” it out, or possibly make some kind of Ouya addon, though I’m not sure what other features there would be to put in an addon. If there’s not much else then maybe just the ifdef approach is best.

Trent

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:33 AM

I guess we can implement a mouse driver with motion events similar to the first approach i tried. It seems like the controllers emits relative events and the system calculates where the cursor is. All controllers controls the same cursor on screen.

We still need to figure out how to map the input devices to a player index with the Linux driver. The event devices appear in the order they are connected and don't map directly to the lights on the controller. This could be done with the OuyaController class.