Re: [AD] About sonames

On 04/12/12 14:53, Peter Wang wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:50:38 +0200, Tobias Hansen<tobias.han@xxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Am 12.04.2012 10:27, schrieb Peter Wang:
Users are not supposed to use any private symbols so you can just
disregard them, no?

Yes, that should be possible. Now that you have confirmed that really
everything with an underscore is private and not used by anything except
Allegro itself (also for Allegro 4.4?), we can disregard it based on the
underscore.
For 5.x yes.  All _al-prefixed symbols are private.

For 4.x, there are a number of _symbols which are part of the public API
(documented).  There are also a number of _symbols which are technically
private but probably somewhat commonly used by users anyway.
The good old days ;-)

We wouldn't add any more public symbols beginning with underscore.
Anyway, 4.4 is on life support.  The API is essentially frozen forever.

Peter
Ok, then we will only track the symbols for 5.x. Thanks.

Best regards,
Tobias