Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 12:13 -0500, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> But I really don't care if the display conversion option is enabled by
> default. You'd still have to explicitly set bitmaps to conversion for
> it to do anything.

Ah, yes, I had misread the wiki page. So the additional change I'd
request is to have the default be ALLEGRO_CONVERT_BITMAP (i.e. when you
never ever call al_set_new_display_flags in your thread). Then my
concerns would be satisfied.

The behavior of using 0 for flags would not change not the behavior
after the first explicit call to al_set_new_display_flags.

> This is kind of an aside, but does Allegro not support setting display
> options to 1 by default? That is, if the behavior were automatic,
> what's wrong with just using a default value of 1 if it's never
> specified? Having to set a negative option to 1 to enable something is
> confusing. (Obviously with bitflags, the negative wording is a
> necessity.)

It should be supported. If not we can make it.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>