Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Matthew Leverton <meffer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By mutually exclusive, I meant from the end user perspective it never
> really makes sense to set both of them. Allegro would definitely need
> to set MEMORY or VIDEO if only ANY was used.

I put a summary up since it's hard to follow everything here:

http://wiki.allegro.cc/index.php?title=Convert_Bitmap_Propsoal

In short, I see this as a completely opt-in feature meant to make it
easy to convert all bitmaps, both public and private (hidden away in a
font structure). And no, it's not a necessity, but I think it makes
sense given we already convert bitmaps in the other direction.

--
Matthew Leverton