Re: [AD] al_convert_bitmap

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 8:23 AM, Peter Wang <novalazy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After creation, we need to be able to differentiate between true video
> and true memory bitmaps to invoke the software rendering path, and some
> few users might want to as well.  I assume that after creation, ANY
> really means "memory-but-convertible".  Since you say they are mutually
> exclusive, any checks like "flags & MEMORY" will need to become
> "flags & (MEMORY|ANY)".

By mutually exclusive, I meant from the end user perspective it never
really makes sense to set both of them. Allegro would definitely need
to set MEMORY or VIDEO if only ANY was used.

However, I'm probably wrong anyway. MEMORY|ANY and VIDEO|ANY could
both have uses.

* MEMORY|ANY could be used while a display is available to force a
memory bitmap. After creating all of your bitmaps, you could then
create your second display and call al_convert_bitmaps() to attach
them to the second display.

* VIDEO|ANY could be used while a display is available to make sure
the video bitmap gets added to the 'auto-convert' list upon the
displays destruction, for use when you create the next display.

--
Matthew Leverton