Re: [AD] Allegro 4.4.1.1 fails to fully build

On 2011-03-09, at 6:17 PM, Edgar wrote:
> The undefined references to _colorconv_rgb_scale_5x35,
> _colorconv_rgb_map, and _colorconv_indexed_palette are still there though.
>
> All three of those symbols are declared once as 'extern...blah' in
> allegro/src/misc/ccolconv.c and are defined only in
> allegro/src/misc/colconv.c. I think the reason there are undefined
> references is because allegro/src/misc/colconv.c is not being built and
> put into the allegro library archive file.
>
> In the file allegro/cmake/FileList.cmake, src/misc/colconv.c is included
> in most of the cmake symbols ALLEGRO_SRC_*_FILES, except for
> ALLEGRO_SRC_DOS_FILES, ALLEGRO_SRC_LINUX_FILES, and
> ALLEGRO_SRC_UNIX_FILES. However, it is included in ALLEGRO_SRC_X_FILES.
>
> Is X built for all Unix/Linux builds?

99.9% chance is you want to build with X support. I'm not sure anything
else will even work on Linux. That may not be the case though. However,
This http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/603059 thread suggests that
you can fix the problem by installing xorg-dev (or whatever they're
called on your distro) packages.

The question of whether colconv.c should be included on UNIX and DOS
remains open, I'm not sure.

Trent