[AD] Allegro 4.4.1.1 fails to fully build

I'm currently attempting a full build (all addons) of Allegro 4.4.1.1 on an VM running openSUSE.

First, loadpng fails to build because loadpng.c doesn't include zlib.h.

Second, ex12bit fails to build because it doesn't link to allegro or ltdl.

Third, allegro won't install because of the build errors mentioned previously. It keeps attempting to build the examples.

I have a thread with the details over at a.cc, which is here :
http://www.allegro.cc/forums/thread/606591

I need some help figuring out how to fix the CMakeLists.txt and potentially other cmake files so that the examples will build and the library will install.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Edgar.