Re: [AD] Touch input, new emulation mode

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Trent Gamblin <trent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'll commit it next time I'm in the right OS. I'll change it so that
> it's not the default behavior too. I'm also thinking of changing the
> name from BACKWARDS_COMPATIBLE to 5_0 or 5_0_COMPATIBLE or something
> like that.

I assume none of this is going into the 5.0 branch. If so, I think
Trent is right that there should be a way to enable the 5_0 mode via
ALLEGRO_MOUSE_EMULATION_5_0, but I don't think it should be the
default.

What about platforms like a Windows tablet PC... how is that touch
input recognized? I don't think a Windows programmer should have to
explicitly enable mouse emulation to get touch to work like a mouse.
Does Windows automatically handle that (generate mouse events), or
would Allegro need to? (It's not so big of a deal on the iPhone, where
your target obviously is touch based.)

--
Matthew Leverton