Re: [AD] standard path updates

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2011, at 18:24 , Peter Hull wrote:
>> (bundle)
>> EXENAME_PATH: /Users/peterhull/Projects/allegro/patches/build/examples/GetPath.app/Contents/MacOS/ex_get_path
>
> So the only real question here, then, is whether this is what you'd normally expect to get for the "executable path" of an application bundle, or if you'd expect the path to the bundle itself.
> I can't think of many reasons for wanting the location of the bundle, but I can think of even fewer reasons for wanting the actual path to the executable within the bundle.
> Personally I would opt for returning the path to the bundle here.

Maybe there's data embedded in the exe file. I think EXENAME_PATH
should be the exe itself, without any fudging.

Getting the location of the bundle, to me, is too OS X specific to
bother putting into Allegro. And if it is in there, then there should
just be OS X specific:

bool al_osx_is_in_bundle()
ALLEGRO_OSX_BUNDLE_PATH

Or ALLEGRO_BUNDLE_PATH, and return NULL on other platforms.

--
Matthew Leverton