Re: [AD] Preliminary X11 fullscreen patch

On April 1, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> On March 31, 2010, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > On 31 Mar 2010, at 23:11 , Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > > As long as it runs it might be useful. Allegro 5 after all depends
> > > quite heavily on GL on unix.
> >
> > It runs, in windowed mode certainly. I don't remember if I tested
> > fullscreen mode, I may not have because I assumed that it was broken.
> > Sadly, I don't think I can connect two virtual displays to the virtual
> > video card to test a dual monitor setup.
>
> The most important thing was to see if it caused X to crash after running
> a couple of times.
>
> > Evert

Version two, should work fine on sane systems. I've changed the logic a bit
too, in almost all cases, it will use xrandr. Only in the case that xrandr
isn't even loaded, will it try and use xf86vm to set modes. In either case,
it will use Xinerama for various things (to get monitor info on broken
xrandr implementations).

Other than the X crash on my laptop, and ex_fs_resize not actually
displaying anything after the mode is set, it works ;D So one problem I
can't do anything about, and the other I can't explain.

The mode setting is rather smooth on my radeon box, hopefully its just as
smooth on my other systems (can't test reliably, nvidia only has one mode,
and laptop X crashes after.. oy).

So please test, let me know how ex_fs_resize works, and if you can, take a
look and see if you can figure out why I'm not seeing any updating in
ex_fs_resize.

thanks

--
Thomas Fjellstrom