Re: [AD] release

On 1 Apr 2010, at 18:53 , Peter Wang wrote:
> Just so we're clear, it's not actually a beta.
>
> 4.9.19 was a rushed release and I don't want to be held under any
> artificial constraints for the sake of a joke.  So at _most_ we under a
> "soft" feature freeze until the next release.  If it was discussed
> already you can add it (quickly), otherwise not.  Ok?
>
> Please don't create a branch until we have to.  Backporting is still a
> pain.

Agreed on all points. I would branch as late as possible to avoid having to merge changes as much as possible. We should also be focussing on fixing bugs/inconsistencies rather than new cool features. ;)
I was actually thinking mid April (so two more weeks) for entering feature freeze myself. Otherwise we'd only have a few days between the proposal for the freeze and the actual freeze.

Evert