Re: [AD] Touchpad gestures

On 18 Feb 2010, at 10:58 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> No.
>
> http://developer.apple.com/iphone/library/documentation/iPhone/Conceptual/iPhoneOSProgrammingGuide/EventHandling/EventHandling.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40007072-CH9-SW1
>
> Basically, you get the x/y coordinates and do the rest yourself. Apple is constantly updating APIs though with documentation lagging behind so the newest version of the API might have built-in gesture detection.

Hmm.
I was going on this:http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/HandlingTouchEvents/HandlingTouchEvents.html
(the feature of being notified of a "zoom" or "rotate" event rather than having to detect them yourself is 10.6+). I had thought that they'd have something similar for the iPhone.

Evert