[AD] Touchpad gestures

How do people feel about including an event for multi-touch "gestures" on a touchpad?
OS X has these, and I'm guessing they're a native part of the iPhone interface as well. I think Windows supports these too in some form. Having an interface for this will probably be useful for people who want to target the iPhone as well as a regular machine, but I can see uses for it on a regular computer as well.
OS X allows you to easily detect gestures that it knows about. These are "rotate" (twist), "zoom in/out" (pinch/spread) and "swipe" (multi-finger scrolling).

Thoughts?

Evert