Re: [AD] Touchpad gestures

On 2010-02-18, Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 17:54 -0500, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > On 17 Feb 2010, at 17:47 , Elias Pschernig wrote:
> > > I think it might be a good idea, but I would not make it a new event
> > > type, instead just some extra mouse buttons. That would make it very
> > > easy to have users configure those gestures in a game's config screen.
> >
> > That doesn't sound intuitive to me.
> > How would "rotate n degrees" map to a mouse button?
> > If it's not a mouse button, I don't think we should treat it as such. Or did you mean something else?
> >

> No, I thought it would just report the type of gesture, but without a
> rotation value attached. It could be an additional axis in that case
> then.

We'll have too many buttons and axes, won't we?  I think we should add a
new event type, e.g. ALLEGRO_EVENT_GESTURE with a field that specifies
the type of gesture, and a field (fields?) to indicate the degree of the
gesture.

How do the current mouse events work with multi-touch?  Perhaps we need
a field in ALLEGRO_MOUSE_EVENT to tell apart the different fingers?

Peter