Re: [AD] Missing system vtable entries on OS X

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 09:39 -0700, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> On Fri, January 29, 2010 7:34 am, Elias Pschernig said:
> > al_set_new_display_option(ALLEGRO_DEPTH_BUFFER, 1, ALLEGRO_REQUIRE)
> >
> > (which reminds me, have to add ALLEGRO_DEPTH_BUFFER as an option)
>
> We have DEPTH_SIZE. What is the reason for DEPTH_BUFFER?

Well, I was thinking, since now you can't query the available sizes any
longer, you might want a way to just say that you want a depth buffer -
but yeah, it's not needed.

We should instead make clear in the documentation that DEPTH_SIZE will
*try to* match the given size but always use a depth buffer if you
specify it as option. So if you use one of

DEPTH_SIZE, 1, REQUIRE
DEPTH_SIZE, 24, REQUIRE

and the only available size is 16, then in both cases you would get 16.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias.pschernig@xxxxxxxxxx>