Re: [AD] Missing system vtable entries on OS X

On 27 Jan 2010, at 23:00 , Peter Wang wrote:
> Just from browsing around, it looks like CGLChoosePixelFormat() would be
> your starting point.
> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/DOCUMENTATION/GraphicsImaging/Reference/CGL_OpenGL/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/func/CGLChoosePixelFormat

Wait.
That reminds me a lot of code that is used by osx_set_pixelformat_attributes() and that should be used by osx_get_pixelformat_attributes() but isn't (looking at it I remember puting in the FIXME there) except that uses the Cocoa OpenGL functions rather than the Carbon functions.
I get the impression that the way some of these things are being set on OS X are in the wrong place.
Should some of the code that is in there be in query functions from the system driver?

I'm also confused because the Allegro functions don't call for a screen/adapter argument, but the OS X functions that request that information do require a display.

Hmm. It's too late for me, I can't think clearly anymore. I'll have a look over the weekend.

Evert