Re: [AD] Some thoughts about multi-window applications

On 12 Aug 2009, at 15:19 , Milan Mimica wrote:
I think the user is supposed to be statisfied with whatever the window manager
did. Otherwise s/he should chagne the WM.

That doesn't help me if my code does something different on OS X than it does on Windows than it does on X11 (if that's indeed the case). That would be a problem of the same program behaving differently on different platforms due to Allegro doing something different.

Again, it's not something that we should go overboard with, but we should at least try to be somewhat consistent. I don't know that we're not, which is why I posted the question. Comments that "it's the user's problem if we're not" are not helpful.

I actually checked Allegro's window creation code on OS X and the current behavior is by design (each window as it's opened is told to raise itself to the top and become the key window). Do we have a different policy on other platforms yes or no?

Evert