Re: [AD] Some thoughts about multi-window applications

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

1. When getting mouse (or keyboard) input the event struct does not contain a pointer to the active window (or if it does, that is not documented or clear from the examples). Not a problem, since you can keep track of switch in/out events yourself, but it is annoying and it would be convenient to have.

There are
ALLEGRO_DISPLAY* ALLEGRO_KEYBOARD_EVENT::display
ALLEGRO_DISPLAY* ALLEGRO_MOUSE_EVENT::display
Undocumented though.

2. Related question: I'm working under the assumption that the last created window has input focus. Is this true on all platforms (it would make sense)?

I wouldn't assume that. But you don't need to assume it any more, do you?

4. al_toggle_window_frame does nothing on OS X. I'll have to check, but you may not be able to change this after the window was created. If that is so, maybe this function should return true or false, depending on whether the call was succesful or not (not that it would matter too much - what are you going to do if it fails, after all?)

I thought we were going to remove this function because it can't be implemented on most platforms.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net