Re: [AD] Some thoughts about multi-window applications

On 12 Aug 2009, at 14:00 , Milan Mimica wrote:
Evert Glebbeek wrote:
On 12 Aug 2009, at 8:25 , Milan Mimica wrote:
2. Related question: I'm working under the assumption that the last
created window has input focus. Is this true on all platforms (it
would make sense)?
I wouldn't assume that. But you don't need to assume it any more, do
you?

What do you mean?

You don't have to keep track of the window which has the focus (you were tracking the input), since you know now there is a "display" member of the event
struct.

Yes, but that's not the reason I asked that particular question. The reason for that is that in my particular case, one of the windows is specifically supposed to handle user input while the others are only for displaying information (to be precise, one is a chess board and the other two show a list of moves and some statistics on the current search). I want the window that the user has to actually interact with to be the active window after I've opened up all three windows.

Sure, the user can always make it the active window by clicking it, but it'd be really annoying if s/he always had to do that.

Evert