Re: [AD] slow fonts

On 15 Jul 2009, at 11:10 , Evert Glebbeek wrote:
That fits in with my recent experience with sub-bitmaps being slow
using OpenGL. Looking at the code didn't reveal anything obvious
though... I'll see if I have time to look at it in a bit more detail
today.

Ok, discard that. I was calling al_set_display_icon() on each update as well, which is apparently a bad idea (at least on OS X) if the particular bitmap is a (sub bitmap of a) large bitmap.
Fixing that made subbitmaps run properly at normal speed for me...

Evert