Re: [AD] Switch to git?

On Mon March 2 2009, Michael Swiger wrote:
> It sounds like you guys are making things unnecessarily complicated, but
> perhaps I am wrong. I would think one source control system would be good
> enough... why isn't that the case?

git and svn fill different niches. svn is for projects like ours that have no central maintainer that "sees everything". that members we can all do stuff with it offline at any time, and export their own tree for people to use, or pull from.

They are for two totally different development methodologies, and Allegro isn't a purely distributed project.

I'm sure it could evolve to become so. but I don't think anyone wants to take the effort right now.