Re: [AD] Switch to git?

It sounds like you guys are making things unnecessarily complicated, but perhaps I am wrong. I would think one source control system would be good enough... why isn't that the case?

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2 mrt 2009, at 16:42, Elias Pschernig wrote:
> Given how some of us already access the SVN repository over git-svn,
> would it make sense for us to switch over to using only git?
>
> For me personally, it would make no difference whatsoever I think.
> For a
> project like Allegro a central repository is best anyway - so the only
> change would be the use of local git tools instead of svn, which I
> already get with git-svn... what do others think?

I've never used git and have no current plans to start doing so.
Switching Allegro over to git would present a barrier for me to
continue work on Allegro simply because I have no experience in using
git.
Not something that cannot be overcome (it can't be *that* hard to
switch to a different version control system), but it takes an effort
I wouldn't necessarily feel like taking at the moment.

So to emphasise: I have no thoughts on git one way or the other, but I
also am not going to put in the time and effort it would take me to
get acquainted with it for the time being. I have other things to do
with my time.

So I would prefer to keep things the way they are in that regard.

Evert