Re: [AD] Switch to git?

On 2 mrt 2009, at 16:42, Elias Pschernig wrote:
Given how some of us already access the SVN repository over git-svn,
would it make sense for us to switch over to using only git?

For me personally, it would make no difference whatsoever I think. For a
project like Allegro a central repository is best anyway - so the only
change would be the use of local git tools instead of svn, which I
already get with git-svn... what do others think?

I've never used git and have no current plans to start doing so.
Switching Allegro over to git would present a barrier for me to continue work on Allegro simply because I have no experience in using git. Not something that cannot be overcome (it can't be *that* hard to switch to a different version control system), but it takes an effort I wouldn't necessarily feel like taking at the moment.

So to emphasise: I have no thoughts on git one way or the other, but I also am not going to put in the time and effort it would take me to get acquainted with it for the time being. I have other things to do with my time.

So I would prefer to keep things the way they are in that regard.

Evert