Re: [AD] Allegro logo

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 11:27 -0500, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> After struggling with the CoolText website in an attempt to recreate
> the Allegro logo again, I gave up and had a go in the Gimp.
> The problem was that although I now have the Utopia font available
> (thanks Grzegorz!) I can't select the font style (italic).
>
> So, I tried to recreate it in the Gimp; the gimp .xcf file is
> available here: http://www.eglebbk.dds.nl/download/allegro_logo.xcf

Here's the one I sent to the list a few weeks ago:
http://allefant.googlepages.com/allegro.xcf

I used Filters->Map->Bump_Map with a blurred version of the text as bump
map to create the cooltext like embossing. Here I made it a bit more
like the original:

http://allefant.googlepages.com/allegro_b.xcf

But endless ways to play around with this, not sure we want it to look
*exactly* like the old one either, it was made in 5 minutes on the
cooltext site only as well :P

On Fri, 2008-12-19 at 17:54 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

> I smell in the air one of these xmas compos where one has a weekend to
> deliver a demo where a cool Allegro logo is generated
> programmatically, which can then be included in the web thanks to
> resolution independence by the demo/program to celebrate the coming of
> the new Allegro 5 thingy.

I love that idea. Would all of it have to be generated programmatically,
or would it be allow to, say, use a font file? (anyone got Utopia
as .ttf btw.?)

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>