Re: [AD] Allegro 4.9 on OpenSolaris

Evert Glebbeek wrote:
For whoever takes an interest in this, I've compiled Allegro 4.9 svn on OpenSolaris (I know this isn't a priority platform). After I hunted down all the development packages I needed (the names are of course completely different from those on a Linux system...) it compiled fine. The examples I tested worked without any problems.

Nice. I've fooled around with OpenSolaris a little bit. Could you document the packages you needed to install? Did you have to add any new package authorities besides the ones that are provided?

Does 4.9 not need libXaw? I had trouble installing libXaw on OpenSolaris, although I read some messages on the internet that said it should be fixed soon.
Not much more to say about this, really, except I guess well done to the X11 port developers for writing a "proper" generic X11 port.

Evert