Re: [AD] OS X full screen resize (was Re: Allegro 5 TODOs (from wiki))

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 3:31 AM, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> which means it can (does?) run on another thread
Yes, the idea is to serialize all creates/destroys onto the main thread.
> (by the way, I don't
> fully understand the way the full screen OS X code works; it runs its
> own event loop and is subtly different from the windowed mode in many
> ways in a way that isn't always clear - this needs to be commented/
> documented better).
That's the normal way to do it, from Apple's sample code. In Windowed
mode, the message loop is handled internally through the responder
chain (NSView is a subclass of NSResponder) However in fullscreen
there's no view as such so it's necessary to receive and dispatch
events explicitly. I will add some comments to it for future
reference.
> So if I get this
> right (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), it's trying to do
> drawing operations using a context that's current in another thread -
> which isn't permitted.
I thought it's possible to have a context current in more than one
thread, maybe I'm wrong.

Pete