Re: [AD] OS X full screen resize (was Re: Allegro 5 TODOs (from wiki))

On 10-Dec-08, at 9:30 AM, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
Oh, I should also point out: it doesn't crash if you don't resize the
display. Interesting, isn't it?

Scratch that, I lied.
Actually, let me explain in a bit more detail.

In previous tests of full screen mode on OS X, I used a modified version of ex_bitmap, which indeed doesn't crash and works correctly. However, ex_bitmap uses memory bitmaps. If I change it so that it uses a video bitmap instead, it will crash in the same way as ex_fs_resize. Moreover, if I change ex_fs_resize to use memory bitmaps, it no longer crashes either. That does sound like the problem Milan pointed out, right? I'll look at it from that perspective again.

By the way, not crashing is not the same as working correctly: when using video bitmaps, the display appears ok, but the program crashes on exit. When using memory bitmaps, ex_fs_resize doesn't crash, but after resizing the display is wrong: the background cross shows up properly, but mysha is drawn in the wrong place, some 120 pixels down from the top of the screen.

Evert