Re: [AD] Allegro 5 TODOs (from wiki)

On 2008-11-27, Evert Glebbeek <eglebbk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 27-Nov-08, at 11:00 PM, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> > Well - it produces sound as it should. I never checked whether it
> > produces proper stereo sound though, but I'll see if I can verify
> > that. If that's the only thing that doesn't work I'm not too
> > worried. ;)
>
> Yes, I seem to get stereo output, at least from the demo game. That's
> not necessarily the same as you [Peter W] describe though: can you set
> the left/right balance properly and is it just stereo samples that
> play as mono, or do you not get stereo output at all?

Not sure what you mean, but see below.

> Do you have a stereo sound file that I could use for testing (say, a
> standard left-to-right sweep)? If not I can probably make one.

Found one.  Play it with mplayer or whatever, and then compare what the
OpenAL driver does to it.  It starts louder on the left then shifts to
the right.  The OpenAL driver sounds like it plays both left and right
channels centre balanced, on top of one another.  It's quite obvious.

Peter