[AD] Status update on things I'm supposed to be looking into

Ok, so I've been bogged down with work a bit more these past few weeks, so I'll just update you guys on some of the things I said I'd look into: * Renaming of functions in the audio API to bring in line with the rest of the lib: started, need to find a free evening to finish it. Hopefully next week. * Fixing allegro5-config on OS X, at least from CMake (the list of linker libraries is mangled because it doesn't do the right thing for frameworks): I'm stumped. I can't work out how CMake builds up its own linker line, which is what I want to get from it. I may need to do it manually, which sucks. * Adding '--addon foo bar baz' switch for allegro5-config. Pending on the previous item, not going to be easy if I end up having to do that manually. * Drawing up a timetable. I have one on paper, somewhere. I'll try digging it out and posting it for comments/ideas. I remember April 1st being shockingly close when I looked at it.

Random other things I've been meaning to look at: some minor OS X annoyances, mostly having to do with hardware mouse cursors not working in full screen mode and an alternative to the OpenAL driver.

In other news, I have a very basic proof-of-concept implementation of (part of) A4's API on top of A5. It doesn't aim for bug-for-bug compatibility and it doesn't allow direct access to bitmaps or anything that tries to poke at A4's internals. It obviously lacks palette support at the moment as well. On the plus side, some of A4's examples run a lot better on top of A5 than they do on top of A4. Is this the sort of level where we want a compatibility interface to live (palettes are something I'll want to do womething about though)? Second of all, do we want it as an "official" addon? I can make it into one, but it requires a bit of cleanup and it's not first on the list of things we need for A5.

Related: do we want a port of the DIGMID driver for MIDI playback? I know I'd like it. Don't care too much about MIDI support otherwise.

Evert