Re: [AD] A5 licence/license

After looking at all the possabilities on http://www.opensource.org/licenses/category
and other sites I believe the zlib/libpng license is a great choice.  It's simple and
easy for anyone to understand (unlike many others).

A while back a friend of mine decided he didn't like the zlib license as it was too simple,
but he found other licenses to be too bloated and confusing. I made him a template that
was somewhere in between. It started as a joke at first that later became something more
serious, but I don't think it was ever used.  Just a modification of the zlib license to make
it a bit more annoying ;p

Any way I thought I'd post it here in case someone finds it interesting... I still think the zlib
license is a better choice though...

/*
  <package name>
  Copyright (C) <year> <author(s)>
  <website> <email>

license-start

  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED `AS-IS' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES,
  INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
  AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
  AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY,
  OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
  SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
  INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
  CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
  ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
  IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

  Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose,
  including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it
  freely, subject to the following restrictions:

  1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not
     claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software
     in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be
     appreciated but is not required.
  2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
     misrepresented as being the original software.  Source files should
     include a description of alterations but is not required.  All altered
     source must contain a modified by line which must state, at minimum,
     the modifiers email address in a clearly readable form.
  3. This license (defined from 'license-start' to 'license-end') may not be
     removed or altered from any source distribution.
  4. Any copyright notices within source or binary must not be altered or
     removed.

license-end
*/