Re: [AD] Status update on things I'm supposed to be looking into

On Thursday 23 October 2008, Evert Glebbeek wrote:
> On 23 Oct 2008, at 22:26, Peter Wang wrote:
> > Well, we have to tell CMake which libraries to link against anyway and
> > we do that by building up a list.  The mangling shouldn't be too
> > hard to
> > fix by modifying these lines:
> >
> >     foreach(lib ${PLATFORM_LIBS})
> >         if("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
> >             set(LIBS "${LIBS}${lib} ")
> >         else("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
> >             set(LIBS "${LIBS}-l${lib} ")
> >         endif("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
> >     endforeach(lib)
>
> Those are the ones. The problem is that PLATFORM_LIBS contains the
> full path to the framework, so it's a question of turning /System/
> Somewhere/Someplace/Somethingorother/library.framework into -
> framework library. Easy to do with regular expressions, but I have to
> look up how they work in CMake and haven't got round to that yet.
> (Right now there are two libraries in the list listed as -framework,
> but that's actually wrong; there's an "OS X person should look at
> this" comment in the bit that sets it up; I have a proper fix for
> that, I'll try to commit that tonight).
>
> > Sounds good.  Direct access might be important, but I don't know how
> > that would work.
>
> Well, A4 does have an API that doesn't involve the line pointers
> directly. I presume that could be used to wrap around A5's way of
> bitmap locking. Not the first thing I'm going to implement though. ;)
>
> > Yes.
>
> Ok. I'll get what I have into a state where others can look at it,
> then add it to the repository. Estimated timescale: a week or two,
> maybe three (fingers crossed).
>
> > To me, it sounds bad so I don't care.  But 4.9 doesn't have a MIDI
> > addon
> > so a DIGMID driver might be out of place ;)
>
> Well, my idea was to implement MIDI support through a DIGMID addon. ;)
> I'm not sure I know enough about MIDI to implement a better driver
> than A4's, but I can certainly try. Estimated timescale: sometime
> after the estimated two or three weeks mentioned above. :P

The larger issue is actually the midi interpreter. a DIGIMID addon isn't all
that complex from what I remember. It just implements the midi_out and
possibly other functions to build a pcm stream from samples assigned to midi
instruments.

You'll find the midi player code to be quite "interesting". I know I did.