Re: [AD] Status update on things I'm supposed to be looking into

On 23 Oct 2008, at 22:26, Peter Wang wrote:
Well, we have to tell CMake which libraries to link against anyway and
we do that by building up a list. The mangling shouldn't be too hard to
fix by modifying these lines:

    foreach(lib ${PLATFORM_LIBS})
        if("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
            set(LIBS "${LIBS}${lib} ")
        else("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
            set(LIBS "${LIBS}-l${lib} ")
        endif("${lib}" MATCHES "^-l|^/")
    endforeach(lib)

Those are the ones. The problem is that PLATFORM_LIBS contains the full path to the framework, so it's a question of turning /System/ Somewhere/Someplace/Somethingorother/library.framework into - framework library. Easy to do with regular expressions, but I have to look up how they work in CMake and haven't got round to that yet. (Right now there are two libraries in the list listed as -framework, but that's actually wrong; there's an "OS X person should look at this" comment in the bit that sets it up; I have a proper fix for that, I'll try to commit that tonight).

Sounds good.  Direct access might be important, but I don't know how
that would work.

Well, A4 does have an API that doesn't involve the line pointers directly. I presume that could be used to wrap around A5's way of bitmap locking. Not the first thing I'm going to implement though. ;)

Yes.

Ok. I'll get what I have into a state where others can look at it, then add it to the repository. Estimated timescale: a week or two, maybe three (fingers crossed).

To me, it sounds bad so I don't care. But 4.9 doesn't have a MIDI addon
so a DIGMID driver might be out of place ;)

Well, my idea was to implement MIDI support through a DIGMID addon. ;)
I'm not sure I know enough about MIDI to implement a better driver than A4's, but I can certainly try. Estimated timescale: sometime after the estimated two or three weeks mentioned above. :P

Evert