Re: [AD] Platform specific functions in A5 [was Re: Windows Addition for Message Parsing]

On Wed, October 8, 2008 6:50 pm, Evert Glebbeek said:
> So anyway, there's two questions here:
> 1. do we want a platform specific function for Windows that allows
> the user to intercept the Windows messages?
> 2. specific to this particular patch, do we provide this for the few
> people who want to do something like support multiple mice?
>
> The answer to the first question, I think, is maybe, or a cautious
> and well thought-out yes. The answer to the second question is no.
> If
> we want to provide people with the option of using multiple mice,
> then this is not the way to go. Or in other words, adding it for
> that
> reason is adding it for the wrong reason.

Yes, I agree with that. I thought the function could be useful for
other things as well, although I admit I haven't thought of other
uses.

As for mice, I think we should support multiple mice across
platforms. I think that would add significant value to Allegro.

Trent :{)>