Re: [AD] Windows Addition for Message Parsing

Evert Glebbeek wrote:

If that's the goal of the ALLEGRO_OPENGL flag then yes, I agree, that's a good thing. And indeed, it is OS neutral. ALLEGRO_DIRECT3D should be the default setting unless an OpenGL context is requested on Windows, shouldn't it? Why do we need it to begin with?

There are some D3D functions that we export:
AL_FUNC(LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9, al_d3d_get_device, (ALLEGRO_DISPLAY *));
AL_FUNC(HWND, al_d3d_get_hwnd, (ALLEGRO_DISPLAY *));
AL_FUNC(LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, al_d3d_get_system_texture, (ALLEGRO_BITMAP *));
AL_FUNC(LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9, al_d3d_get_video_texture, (ALLEGRO_BITMAP *));
AL_FUNC(bool, al_d3d_supports_non_pow2_textures, (void));
AL_FUNC(bool, al_d3d_supports_non_square_textures, (void));

Maybe those would be useful with OpenGL so we can make them driver-independent.
I still think we should allow the user to specify the driver. There are cases when one driver doesn't work correctly and you want to force the other one.

We also have:
ALLEGRO_AUDIO_DRIVER_OPENAL,
ALLEGRO_AUDIO_DRIVER_ALSA,
ALLEGRO_AUDIO_DRIVER_DSOUND