Re: [AD] Platform specific functions in A5 [was Re: Windows Addition for Message Parsing]

Ok, we are kinda understanding each other now. That's quite better.
We were discussing on IRC the issue right now and We agreed on some stuff.

1.- Multiple Mice seems to be a issue important enough to address it
in a neutral way is possible

2.- The patch I suggest may make possible to integrate other libraries
with the Windows port of allegro just like rawmouse (that is kind of a
library on its own way)

We tried to investigate if Direct Input could be used for enumerating
multiple mice and this is what we found:

"On Microsoft Windows XP, DirectInput enumerates only one mouse and
one keyboard device, referred to as the system mouse and the system
keyboard. These devices represent the combined output of all mice and
keyboards respectively on a system. For information about how to read
from multiple mice or keyboards individually on Windows XP, see the
WM_INPUT documentation."

SOURCE:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb205950(VS.85).aspx

So if multiple mice support is to be implemented on allegro, the way
for doing it in windows would be as done in rawmouse. However we are
not sure how it would be implemented on other platforms.

MPX seems to be not implemented as of yet as a xorg default thing as
far as we could see, so no clue on how to do the implementation for
X11 or OSX.

So the issue stands.

--
 Elias Zacarias