Re: [AD] Is al_set_mouse_range any useful?

On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 09:16 -0600, Trent Gamblin wrote:
> Peter Wang wrote:
> > There may be two features that we want:
> >
> >     1. constraining a mouse cursor inside a window
> >
> >     2. providing infinite mickeys (e.g. for 3d shooters)
> >
> > I think you can't have (2) without (1), but (1) might be useful without
> > (2).  (1) can be implemented by users given (2), if they draw their own
> > cursors.
>
> 1 can already be achieved with the current api if I'm not mistaken:

That program just locks up without printing anything here. Repeatedly
setting the mouse to the center just is a hack and never works properly
(allegro's X driver tries to do it, but it never worked properly.. the
mouse escapes when it moves too fast, and in general gets more
unresponsive than without using get_mouse_mickeys). So I think the only
proper way to have (1) is to have it in the API.

--
Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx>