Re: [AD] Patch for makefile issue when compiling MSVC with Cygwin

Andrei Ellman wrote:

Has the MSVC makefile for 4.3 forked off from the one for 4.2 yet? If not, we can easilly apply the fixes to both. makefile.vc in 4.2.1 is already broken if using the current version of Cygwin's make, so we might as well un-uglify the build-system while we're at it.

We use scons in 4.3. I don't know if makefiles are going to be dropped completely. If not then we should unuglify it.

Ermm... don't we already need win32-api to be able to build the Allegro windows build?

No. If you are using mingw to build allegro with MSVC, you don't need mingw win32-api package. msvchelp, runner and co. are built using gcc.

And while I'm here, as well as fixing the 'cygpath' for MSVC, do we also need to do the same for the Borland C makefile and other Windows compilers?

I assume Borland C makefile is broken for ages because no one uses it.

--
Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net