[AD] file.c (was: Re: 4.2.1)

[ Thread Index | Date Index | More lists.liballeg.org/allegro-developers Archives ]


Please excuse the late reply, but I've had to do a complete re-install of Windows.

Peter Wang wrote:
On 2006-11-23, Andrei Ellman <ae-a-alleg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I just checked the current version of file.c at https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/alleg/allegro/branches/4.2/src/file.c and notice that the patch I posted on 19-09-2006 (see http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=36862013 ) was not applied (the patch was against the RC of 4.2.1 that was released late-august). From examining the code, one of the two issues my patch fixed was fixed by someone else, but line 1965 needs to be changed from
          } while ( (size > new_size) && (new_size > 0) );
          } while ( (size < new_size) && (new_size > 0) );

Currently, file.c is identical in both the 4.2 and 4.3 branches, so the same change needs to be made to both branches.

Thanks, fixed now.


Evert Glebbeek wrote:
I think the last RC was pretty much stable
*cough* file.c *cough*

Although if my suggestion is applied, then I think everything to do with file.c would have been sorted out.

Please give it a test if you can.  I won't be making any prereleases
this time around (but I promise a quick followup if a problem shows up).

I have yet to re-install MSVC, but I just examined the current version of file.c on SVN, and that version gets the thumbs-up from me. I will of course test it when I've got MSVC back. What I can tell you with certainty is that if I apply my patch of 19-09-2006 to the RC of 4.2.1 that was released end-august, the problem I reported goes away. The change I suggested for line 1965 was basically updating the SVN file.c to include one of the fixes that my patch fixed (the other fix in the patch had already been applied).


Mail converted by MHonArc 2.6.19+ http://listengine.tuxfamily.org/