[AD] moving mailing list to google groups?

Should we maybe consider moving the mailing list to google groups?

We briefly tested google groups in #allegro, and it seems to work really
well: http://groups.google.com/group/allegro-dev/about

Advantages compared to SF:
- immediate delivery (we don't know if it stays like this of course)
- available and searchable archives (SF search results are quite broken)
- no ads (might change as well)
- optional web interface (inclusive posting)

Disadvantages:
- need a gmail account
- we lose current subscribers who don't want to move
- again not everything on SF

The reason for this mail is, currently SF doesn't work for me. (I'm not
even sure this mail will arrive, my last one in Chris' 4.3 thread from
over 12 hours ago still didn't arrive, and for the past weeks mails were
delayed and in random order.) Also the mailing list archives just result
in error 500.

--
Elias Pschernig