Re: [AD] OpenGL

Can't we just have an implicit destination like OpenGL? We would just
need another command to set the destination if we wanted to write to a
bitmap.

Anyway I agree with Elias about the extra bitmap; it's a bit clunky.

Pete

On 7/27/06, Elias Pschernig <elias@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 17:54 -0500, Jerry wrote:
> Either way. It is best to have a clean implementation.

I agree. I'm also still not happy that we need an extra bitmap to draw
to, if we already have the display. A further problem is, with OpenGL,
memory bitmaps are totally useless, and wrapping something like FBO's
onto AL_BITMAP may not work out.

In my opinion, writeable video surfaces are a must have though, so I
expect this API to change still, possibly the target of all drawing
commands will be an AL_DISPLAY, and in the (with 4.3 very rarly useful)
case of writing to a memory bitmap, there could be a special display to
write to a memory bitmap.

--
Elias Pschernig