Re: [AD] OpenGL

I like this idea better:

   display = al_create_display(..., AL_ACCELERATED, ...);
   bmp = al_get_buffer(display);
   al_clear_bitmap(bmp, 0,0,1,1); // or whatever colour format
    al_flip_display(display);

I would rather have a clean implementation of the drivers than a bunch of hacks all over the place. The first line could be like

   display = al_create_display(..., AL_ACCELERATED_GL, ...);

Or...

   display = al_create_display(..., AL_ACCELERATED_DX, ...);

for specific accelerated drivers.

I would also recommend to abstract what 3D functions that allegro offers and add them to the driver table so they could be accelerated too.

Robert Ohannessian wrote:
 I would hide any refence to OpenGL and use a dummy `bitmap':

AGL already provides you with this ability (well, to the limited extent
of the vtable entries we implemented).