Re: [AD] build process overhaul

On Tue, 2005-12-27 at 19:33 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:

> No problem. Are you or anyone else familiar with all the stuff in the
> misc/ directory? I know depdlib.sh is for unix but Im not sure of other
> platforms.

Hm..

> grep -rI plugins.h misc | grep -v .svn
misc/zipwin.sh:s/^.*cat tools.*msvc.plugins.h/copy \/B tools\\\\plugins\
\\\*.inc obj\\\\msvc\\\\plugins.h/
misc/depdlib.sh:# Special rule to create the plugins.h file
misc/depdlib.sh:echo "\$(OBJDIR)/plugins.h: $inc_files"
misc/depdlib.sh:echo "  cat $inc_files > \$(OBJDIR)/plugins.h"

I assume, removing the obj dir everywhere should do the trick.

[Oh, btw, does anybody know if there is a good way to make grep not
include .svn dirs with the -r switch?]

> On a side note, there is a ton of stuff in misc/. It looks more like a
> tmp/ directory than anything else..

Well, it's a "misc" directory. I.e. all the stuff that's needed but has
no better place is in there. Maybe once the wiki is writeable again, we
can make a page which tells what which files are good for.

--
Elias Pschernig