Re: [AD] MSVC 8 cl flags

What I think we should drop for after 4.2.0 is things like defining all
variables at the beginning of blocks - I find this is just bad style and
leads to programming errors. (It will break MSVC 6 and gcc 2.95)

It'll break Watcom too, although whether the Watcom version of Allegro even compiles at the moment I don't know, I haven't tried myself in months. I personally believe defining variables all over the place is bad style, we've been having this exact same argument on another project.

Just my brief 2p, anyway.

--
Owen Rudge
http://www.owenrudge.net/