Re: [AD] MSVC 8 cl flags

> How much longer are we going to continue supporting MSVC? Since it's
clear
> that Microsoft doesn't want to support standards that Allegro's going to
rely
> on (C99), and it's working to purposely break code that uses standard
> functions (by deprecating a good number of common libc functions), I
think
> it'd do a huge disservice to the cross-platform compatible nature of
Allegro,
> and the coders that work with it, to try and pander to new versions of
MSVC.

I admit that I'm sorely tempted to say `drop MSVC support!' but MSVC is a
popular compiler and we can't reasonably not support it. That said, I feel
that if we need some standard feature which Microsoft in their wisdome
decides doesn't have to be included (or can be deprecated), well then,
it's really their fault for breaking programmes that depend on it and
people should complain to them.

Just to be sure, it would be possible to compile the library with MinGW and
distribute a binary version for MSVC in any case, right?

Evert