Re: [AD] MSVC 8 cl flags

On Thursday 18 August 2005 03:34 pm, Matthew Leverton wrote:
> I recently installed the beta for VC++ 2005 Express (MSVC 8.0)

How much longer are we going to continue supporting MSVC? Since it's clear
that Microsoft doesn't want to support standards that Allegro's going to rely
on (C99), and it's working to purposely break code that uses standard
functions (by deprecating a good number of common libc functions), I think
it'd do a huge disservice to the cross-platform compatible nature of Allegro,
and the coders that work with it, to try and pander to new versions of MSVC.