Re: [AD] Alternate maling list host?

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 13:43 +0100, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> On 2005-05-17, Thomas Fjellstrom <tfjellstrom@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On May 17, 2005 06:39 pm, Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:
> > > I mean, shouldn't you all be sending bribes to the Allegro
> > > Dictator?
> >
> > Uh, there hasn't been a full time Dictator in a while now ;)

So, should we schedule a date for Evert's official inauguration? :)

> If you mean full time by completely dedicated, I'm sure nobody has
> been working 8 hours a day for that. I realised that newcomers to
> Allegro won't understand a thing about what the hell the Allegro
> Dictator is and why it exists. We could explain this in the manual's
> conclusion, finally replacing Shawn's last words. Or maybe just
> before, and modify the conclusion with a "message" to the audience
> from the current Allegro Dictator?
>
> You know, to give that kind of omnipresent "I'm benevolent but if
> you misbehave I'll chop your head off" warm fuzzy friendly feeling.

I agree.. for newcomers, it is both confusing as to if Shawn still is
involved with Allegro development (the docs seem to suggest it), as well
as what/who the "allegro dictator" is.. (and i'm myself unsure why it is
called like that, maybe rename it "maintainer" or "over-guru" or
something like that.. :)

--
Elias Pschernig