Re: [AD] Issues when building MSVC Allegro using Cygwin

Andrei Ellman:
> I just tried running the makefile twice under both Cygwin, DJGPP without
> UNIX_TOOLS and DJGPP with UNIX_TOOLS set to 1. In all cases when I run
> the makefile the first time, the two directories are successfully
> created, and when I run the makefile for a second time, I always get the
> message:
> make.exe: Nothing to be done for `create-dirs'.
> In Cygwin, I am using make 3.80, and in DJGPP, make 3.79.1

Ok, I'm confused. Let me get this straight.

Your results:

Environment    Make version    UNIX_TOOLS    Result
Cygwin         3.80            0             success
DJGPP          3.79.1          0             success
DJGPP          3.79.1          1             success

Correct? DJGPP's mkdir works with slashes and Cygwin with single backslashes?

My results:

Environment    Make version    UNIX_TOOLS    Result
MinGW          3.80            0             success
MinGW          3.80            1             command syntax error
MinGW/MSYS     3.79.1          0             file exists error [1]
MinGW/MSYS     3.79.1          1             success

This doesn't make sense to me. :(

[1] Also, note that created dirs are "c:/progra~1foo" and
"c:/progra~1foobar".

--
Daniel Schlyder
http://bitblaze.com/